Welcome to the Eyes of Faith group!
WE SUSPENDED OUR GROUP ACTIVITY DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC! SOMETIME WE WILL RESTART GROUP ACTIVITIES! IN THE MEANTIME, GO OUT AND SHARE YOUR FAITH THROUGH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY!
We’re glad you found us. 🙂 Eyes of Faith is a photography interest group where we encourage participants to gather and explore ways we can use photography as an expression of our faith and in community service.
Who is Invited? YOU!
We all see the world differently, and when it comes to matters of faith and religious beliefs we humans come to different conclusions. This group is a faith-based photography group and all are welcome. We don’t claim to have all the answers. Maybe you have strong faith beliefs. Maybe you are “spiritual” but don’t affiliate with any religion. Maybe you are still searching for answers, but find yourself stuck with more questions than answers. I bet you might still find this group worthwhile. Even if you are not sure if any of this applies to you, perhaps you might gain some new insights by working on projects with us to create photographs that depict different “faith” related topics. For example, what might “forgiveness” look like in a photograph? So, regardless of where you are on these matters, you are still invited. Come as you are.
We only meet occasionally for a group project or activity. We also look for ways we can use our photography as a service to the community. We post our activities or project opportunities here on our website.
This group is sponsored by Bethany United Methodist Church in NW Austin. You don’t have to be a member of Bethany to participate. All are invited!
Here are a few great quotes by world-renowned photographer Ansel Adams …
- “When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
- “Sometimes I arrive just when God’s ready to have someone click the shutter.”
- “A great photograph is a full expression of what one feels about what is being photographed in the deepest sense and is thereby a true expression of what one feels about life in its entirety.”
And here are a few more quotes we love:
- “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” – C.S.Lewis
- “What makes art Christian art? Is it simply Christian artists painting biblical subjects like Jeremiah? Or, by attaching a halo, does that suddenly make something Christian art? Must the artist’s subject be religious to be Christian? I don’t think so. There is a certain sense in which art is its own justification. If art is good art, if it is true art, if it is beautiful art, then it is bearing witness to the Author of the good, the true, and the beautiful.” – R.C. Sproul